PUBLIC NOTICE FOR POSITIONS BEING FILLED UNDER DIRECT HIRE AUTHORITY (DHA) #20 DHA for AcqDemo Business and Technical Management Career Path (NH)
Public Notice Number: PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0072
Opening and Closing Dates: 4 August 2022 through 14 August 2022 (11:59pm CT)
Position Title: Program Analyst. Multiple positions may be filled using this Public Notice
Full Performance Level: NH-04
Duty Location: US Army Acquisition Support Center, Office of the Program Executive Office, Aviation (PEO AVN), Redstone Arsenal, Alabama
Salary Range: $115,599 – $176,300
This non-supervisory position is subject to a salary control point equivalent to the GS-14, step 10 base salary, or if the incumbent’s salary currently exceeds the GS-14, step 10 level the incumbent’s salary will be put on a salary control point at the incumbents existing salary.
Work schedule: Full-time
Appointment Type: Permanent
Start Date: On or around 25 September 2022
Relocation: Relocation (PCS) expenses are not authorized
Travel Requirement: Up to 25% Temporary Duty Travel required
Who May Apply: US Citizens, nationals, or those who owe allegiance to the United States.
Basic Qualification Requirement:
Specialized Experience: One year of specialized experience which includes developing plans and objectives for assigned systems/programs; Providing staff guidance and direction to elements engaged in the development and implementation of plans and objectives to assure that actions are in keeping with PEO/PM and higher echelon objectives; reviewing policies, directives, regulations, orders, etc., received from higher echelons, providing staff and technical guidance for consideration.
This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-13/NH-03).
Some federal jobs allow you to substitute your education for the required experience to qualify. For this position, you must meet the qualification requirement using experience alone–no substitution of education for experience is permitted.
a) Leads a team of program analysts responsible for financial program management for a major systems acquisition program under Project or Product Management.
b) Has full responsibility for all cost/schedule/resources management and program reporting for one or more major systems or major category of technology, or, in the largest programs, for one or more funding categories.
c) Tasks many participating organizations for program information input, plans and oversees the work of supporting program and budget personnel, assures that adequate support to the program is provided and maintained.
d) Develops plans and objectives for assigned systems/programs.
e) Provides staff guidance and direction to elements engaged in the development and implementation of plans and objectives and to assure that actions are in keeping with PEO/PM and higher echelon objectives.
f) Identifies areas needing emphasis and exercises leadership to ensure programmed system and subsystem time, cost and performance schedules are accurately established and met.
g) Reviews policies, directives, regulations, orders, etc., received from higher echelons.
h) Provides staff and technical guidance for consideration
i) Develops, maintains, and coordinates a responsive financial management program to assure availability or resources to meet established milestones and events for development and fielding of the system.
j) Translates program estimates to objectives and budgets. Tasks participating and supporting organizations with program and budget planning and reporting actions by developing and disseminating requirements, methods, justification strategies, and reporting cycle.
k) Roll plans up into a total program, including schedules for the obligations and expenditure of funds to support program milestones
Conditions of Employment:
1) Must meet suitability for Federal employment
2) Will be required to provide proof of US Citizenship
3) Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
4) May be required to serve a 2-year probationary period
5) Salary includes applicable locality pay or Local Market Supplement.
6) Direct Deposit of pay is required.
7) Must possess or be able to obtain and/or maintain a Secret security clearance duration of employment.
8) This position has a Temporary Duty (TDY) or business travel requirement of 25% of the time.
9) This is an Army Acquisition, Logistics and Technology Workforce position. Upon approval of the DoDI 5000.66, change 3, selectee must meet position requirements for (Advanced) certification within 48 months as of entrance on duty.
10) Selectee must execute, a written agreement to remain in Federal service in the position for at least three years. In signing such agreement, the employee does not forfeit any employment rights, nor does such an agreement alter any other terms or conditions of employment.
11) Must obtain Advanced Level III certification in the Acquisition Career Field Business – Financial Management within 48 months of entrance onto the position.
12) This is a Critical Acquisition Position.
13) Selectee is required to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually.
14) This is a Financial Management level 3 position. Must obtain Level 3 Financial Management Certification (FMC03).
Additional Requirement for CAPS:
In addition to the certification standards and CL requirements applicable to all AWF positions, CAPs have additional requirements that must be met before assignment, in accordance with DODI 5000.66
• Highest category of certification in the applicable functional area, except for Program Management, which requires practitioner or higher category certification.
• Incumbent must execute 3-year tenure agreement,
• GS-14 or equivalent/O-5 level or above
• 4 years of acquisition experience
How to apply:
Please send an e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org containing the following:
– Resume that must include your first and last name, current address, current email address, current phone number, job title, employer, duties, and accomplishments; as well as hours worked per week and dates of employment
If you wish to submit a cover letter, please attach it in a separate document, as the emails are not forwarded to management.
Please submit all documents in PDF or Word format, preferably (not required) saved as “Last Name, First Initial – Document type,” ie, “Doe, J – Resume”
Application packages will be accepted through 11:59pm CT on 14 August 2022.
Please note: Application packages that are received after the closing date, do not contain resume and transcripts, and resumes that do not contain all the required information or are submitted in unreadable formats, will not be considered.
PEOAVN-DHA-1109-22-0072 – Program Analyst NH-0343-04.pdf [PDF – 189.6 KB]